Jan 25, 2010

People Do Care! Even About Foreigners!

Sweden does not fail to shock me! And Swedish people are not less surprising! today maybe even more than ever so far.

Today I left my student accomodation, and like every day, I went to the bus stop. I had no coins to buy the ticket, but I had my credit card that I used for the same purpose several times so far. But today, it would't work! The bus was already in the stop and I kept on trying once, twice, three, four times to get a ticket. But NO! It didn't work! And the bus was still waiting. It waited for 5 minutes, for me to get a ticket.

And then, an old lady, en gumma how the Swedish say, said: " Kom hit! jag ska betala biljettet till dig! Kom!"(" Come here! I will pay the ticket for you! Come!). So I got in the bus and the lady gave some money to the driver and so the bus left. I think I thanked her tens of times. And she kept on smiling.

She was the kind of person that comes into my life only once, but precisely when I need.
Tack, anonym tant!

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. that sure was something unexpected! Glad this happened to you dear friend! I hope we all met more people like her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happedned lately. many nice people. surprisingly many:P

    ReplyDelete